Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hawaiian Engagement Party: Part 2

I am back with more goodness from Brooke and Dustin's engagement party. If you missed part 1, click here to see some of the floral decor.

The view from the backyard:

A view into the gorgeous house:
See where the wood floor ends? There is normally a wall there. How cool is that? The entire wall folds up so that the whole house can be open to the outside. You can kind of see the lava rock wall and fish mosaic. What you can't see is the secret passage way bookshelf (complete with a secret knock code), the piece of a real meteor, the vintage pinball machine game room or the dinosaur fossil. Yep- it is that cool. I wish I could take you on a virtual tour :)

Back to the details:

We made all of the paper goods as well, taken from their invitation, which was this design from Etsy seller Tucci Paper Co.

Each guest was welcome to the home with a plumeria bloom. Ladies were given a bobby pin to wear them in their hair.

Jewell Entertainment provided an amazing ukulele player and Hawaiian dancer. The guests loved them!

I am so bummed we don't have a picture of it, but guests were shuttled to the home in a woody-style beach cruiser bus. Here is a photo from OC Cruiser's website:

Amanda made this adorable sign:
The event was catered by Back Home in Lahaina and it was delicious!


If you are hungry or your sweet tooth is craving right now, I would suggest you do not look any further.


Melody of Sweet and Saucy Shop made these incredibly delicious desserts.

I am going to run and find something sweet to eat, but I will leave you with a picture of the Bride, her sister Amanda and me. Love these ladies!


Our vendor team:
*Rentals: Classic Party Rentals & Unique Tabletop Rentals
*Linens: Wildflower Linen
*Hawaiian Food: Back Home in Lahaina
*Bar: Pacific Coast Bar and Beverage
*Dessert: Sweet and Saucy Shop
*Entertainment: Jewell Entertainment
*Shuttle: OC Cruiser

5 comments:

My Sweet & Saucy said...

I love the photos Courtney! Tell your husband thanks for capturing such great shots! The whole look of the party was gorgeous...you are such a FABULOUS party planner!

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn said...

Everything about this shower is sleek and elegant! I had fun running into you at Homegoods, my second home :) Glad you bought that wooden tray!

Megan said...

such an awesome event! and melody's desserts look fantastic!! I want some!!

Unknown said...

los altos is where aaron's parents live, it's right by our house. and i wish i could have taken photos of this event, it was AMAZING

Michelle @ My Wedding Report said...

Those desserts look so amazing!!