Tuesday, April 21, 2009

An Aloha Engagement Party: Part 1

I had the great privilege to plan an amazing engagement party for a wonderful couple. I went to Jr. High with the bride and it was wonderful to reconnect with her twin sister, Amanda, as we planned the party together. A beautiful venue, freedom to come up with lots of fun details and a super sweet family made for an incredible event!

The party was held at the amazing home of the bride's Aunt and Uncle on the peninsula in Long Beach. It is one of the coolest homes I have been in: You feel as though you are in an incredible resort in Hawaii.

One of the most enjoyable parts of the party was being able to play florist. I had so much fun working with orchids and other tropicals.
Here are some floral details, captured by my hubby:

I loved this table! The green vases & wooden fish plate were found at Homegoods. Placemats from Crate and Barrel.


Simple cocktail table arrangements:
I wrapped glass vases in tea leaves and wrapped votives in a natural linen ribbon from Michaels. The beautiful natural linens are from Wildflower linens



The main dining room table was my favorite piece. The table alone was gorgeous- huge and made of beautiful Hawaiian Koa wood, but when I added some tropical leaves and all white orchid arrangements,  I fell in love.


The house is right on the beach, so we got to use the beach for the part as well.

The lounge benches and tables are from Classic Party Rentals. I adore them. Our bar also matched the wood. So cool! We also placed some fun towels out on the sand for guests who wanted to lay out a bit.

A few more arrangements:
How cool is that table? It is a booth in the family's amazing kitchen. I loved the little wood bowls pictured above- I found them at Crate and Barrel for $1/piece.


I will be back tomorrow with more fun details- super cute invites and paper goods and desserts that will make your mouth water! 

2 comments:

Megan said...

super cute courtney! and nice work on the flowers!!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

I love all the details! You did such an amazing job!