Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April Showers: Part 3

My sister-in-law, Lindsey, is amazingly crafty. I mean, super creative, can whip up anything and amazing design eye crafty.  For me, this is a blessing and a curse. I get tons of inspiration from her, get to wear her cute posy pins, have her sew things for some of my clients and get to enjoy crafting with her when we visit. On the flip side, the bar is set very high for me! My family is used to amazing kids birthday parties and I am always trying to make things as cute as Lindsey does :)

One thing that Lindsey is especially good at is throwing a cute shower. Today I am excited to share her most recent one with you. You can see more photos and details on her blog


The mama to be is having twin girls and the theme was two chicks. So cute!

So many delicious details! The tablecloths are ours and are actually just cheap fabric- a great option to jazz up a table- whether it is a full table cloth or just a runner.

Lindsey covered tins with wrapping paper and ribbon for the flower arrangements- proof that what I said yesterday actually works :)

I LOVE Lindsey's flower tip: She buys hydrangea plants from Trader Joe's ($7), gets at least three hydrangea heads off of it and then plants it so that she has more for the next party. So smart!


And talk about a great favor- each guest received one of Lindsey's adorable poppy pins. Score!


I will be back with an interview with Lindsey this afternoon. Lots of inspiration to come!

4 comments:

Michelle @ My Wedding Report said...

Another amazing shower!! I love the birdcage and that cake is adorable. Can't wait to hear more. You guys are such a talented family!!

Megan said...

Lindsey is so TALENTED. I loved all the little goodies she added to my wedding & can't wait to re-purpose my BIG flowers!!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

Those invitations are fabulous! All your parties are way too cute!

Jodi {In Any Event} said...

Great color scheme and print combination! It so cheery and happy, and all the details go together perfectly!