Thursday, April 30, 2009

April Showers: Part 5

Just like Lindsey said yesterday, I love making invitations for showers. It is definitely one of my favorite parts! However, I know that some of you probably do not enjoy things like that or just may not have the time to glue 60 pieces of ribbon on to cardstock.

Today I want to highlight some cute shower invitation finds on Etsy. I seriously love etsy- I could spend hours browsing the handmade lovelies.

I love this simple and sweet invite from LittleChickenDesign.

What is great about these is that she emails you the invite and you can print them at home on your printer or have a local printer print them out for you. You are only paying for the digital file so it is really cost effective.

I love that invite as well because it lends itself well to matching party decor. I made these for a baby boy shower:

Another shower decor idea that I love is using the gifts as decor. As the mom to be opens gifts, you can hang the cute baby clothes on a clothesline for all to see.

These invites, made by seller caelum, also tie in with that similar motif:
You could easily make these yourself as well. Swap pink out for any color and use some fun scrapbook paper. It would be cute with the onesie cut out of fabric as well. 

A few more baby shower invites:

From seller SillyMeDesigns 

Another great one  that can easily set a theme. Desserts- sweet, delicious and will surely be a hit! Made by seller TucciPaperCo

Another cute one by TucciPaperCo:
I would love to do a preppy, argyle baby girl shower. Note to self: file this one away!


Now for some bridal shower invitations:

Super cute by MadluDesigns. I, personally, would make these invitations myself using circles of scrapbook paper or fabric.

So sweet and feminine, also from MadluDesigns. It comes in other color combinations as well.



If you are having a hard time coming up with a theme for a shower, I recommend looking at invitations. Many times, that can start your design for the entire shower.

More shower goodness to come!

2 comments:

Megan said...

so cute! love them! and etsy is so addicting!!

daryn said...

Seriously. Etsy is like crack to me. It's a little disturbing.

On a related note, your blog is a little like crack too! Love all the inspiration and ideas. Thanks for sharing, Courtney!