Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New

Happy New Year!

photo from evite.com 

I cannot believe that it is already 2009!

2008 was an amazing year. Definitely a different one- adjusting to a new home in a new county and figuring out how to be a mom and a wedding planner at the same time and how to do both well. A year of growth, learning, new friendships, lots of love and lots of joy. I want to thank you all for being a part of it. Family, friends, clients, vendors- all of you have made this past year so incredible!


Looking ahead, there is a lot of NEW happening for us in the new year.

*A new official member of the Joyful Team (info soon to come!)
*An updated website (yay!!)
*Another move (not so yay...)
*Some amazing venues that are new for me to work at (so exciting!)
*Some absolutely incredible weddings coming up! I cannot wait to see them come to life and share them with you- planning them has been so much fun!

The most imminent new of all is that I am making a change to my work schedule. The beauty of running my own small business and working from home is that I can work at any time. A challenge of running my own small business at home is that I end up working all the time. Finding the balance between time spent being a mom and time spent running  my business has been a difficult one and I finally feel like I have somewhat figured it all out (today at least!). The biggest thing I have learned is that I have to take a day off. A no email, no answering the business phone, sit on the couch and read, take my son to the park for hours, go on a day date with my hubby kind of day off.

Thus, starting now, I will be taking Mondays off. Sundays as well, if I don't have a wedding. Clients and vendors, please still feel free to email me or leave me a voicemail, but know that I am not ignoring you if I don't get back to you until Tuesday. My husband says he is going to forcefully keep my laptop shut if at all possible :)  That being said, if you do have an emergency, you can call me and leave a message and I will get back to you if it is urgent.

Here is to a Joyful 2009!!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Happy New Year, Courtney! And a day off is a MUST!! Good for you!

Paige said...

Good for you! I hope you have a fabulous and "joyful" 2009!

Cristina said...

Happy New Year!!! Good for you :) I am glad you are setting aside time for just you and your family ... so important. Where are you moving to???

Michelle @ My Wedding Report said...

Happy New Year Courtney! Yay for days off and figuring out a way to balance everything. I think it is an art I am continually trying to work on. I can't wait to hear more about all the new announcements!

barbara said...

happy new year Courtney!!!!
yes, work boundaries are a good thing! When and where are you moving??? Congrats on all of your accomplishments this past year & ... you have the CUTEST little guy I have ever seen (next to mine of course :))