Tuesday, September 16, 2008

While we're on the topic...

There has been a lot of buzz around the wedding blog world in the past couple of days about dessert bars. Oh, you had me at dessert.

Check these out:





All of these are by Amy Atlas out of New York. If you aren't drooling enough already, be sure to go to her website to check out more details. Thanks to Style Me Pretty & the Hostess blog for the tip!

I am so inspired by these! Yum, yum yum! For our clients, if you would like our assistance with setting up a dessert buffet, let us know. We love them and we love getting to design them even more! Here is one of my favorites of ours, from Jessica & Christian's wedding back in May of 2007:

cupcakes & ice box treats & cake stands by Vanilla Bake Shop. Photo by Kim Fox. The couple had family make some of their favorite treats as well.

I had a couple of fun candy & chocolate bars this summer. I'll be sure to post pictures once I receive them.

I hope you have a sweet day!

6 comments:

Erin said...

that's it...Erin officially drooling...

Kristen said...

that is great! i love those ideas... why oh why weren't these things around when i got married. i like the dessert bar/candy bar idea for birthday parties though... now you have me thinking! or maybe i should pick your brain on some ideas for mauryn's 2nd bday :O)

My Sweet & Saucy said...

I am loving the dessert bars...my mind is reeling now!

Anonymous said...

This post is absolutely fantastic!! How is it I drool over decor more than treats? Those suckers in the stand that look like trees [fuchsia and brown]... Holy fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Dessert bars are the most genius thing ever! I know I'll definitely have one when I get married. Thanks for sharing these inspiring photos!!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

we LOVE candy bars at weddings!! they are always so gorgeous and poppin with color!!