Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Jessie & Michael

Another whirlwind wedding- this time planned in 4 weeks! Jessie and Michael are such a fun couple- I had a blast planning with Jessie & her mom. The ceremony was at one of my favorite south county spots, the beautiful Crescent Bay Point Park in Laguna Beach.
Now- this was the closest I have ever been to having a wedding rained out. It had rained the whole day before and forecasts predicted rain & lightning at the time of the ceremony. When I was over in Mission Viejo setting up the reception site, it was definitely stormy, so I said my prayers and drove through the canyon into Laguna Beach. As I turned onto Laguna Canyon road, it felt as if the sky had parted and God was smiling down on me. Okay, maybe it wasn't so cheesy and dramatic, but I sure let out a deep sigh of relief as I walked up to the park with the sun shining down on me and not a cloud to be seen. Just look at the pictures- it was a gorgeous day! Phew! Jessie's parents definitely did not mind having to return the 25 umbrellas that they had purchased the day before.
The reception was at a great little restaurant in Mission Viejo, the Nirvana Grille. If you live in the area- you have to check it out. The food was amazing! It was a beautiful, intimate wedding with a very fun crowd and I was honored to be a part of it!

Our thoughts and prayers are now with Michael & Jessie, as Michael was deployed to Iraq a couple weeks after the wedding.

Here are some photos of the day:
















The gorgeous hand-dyed flowers by Shannon Rojas. The beautiful chocolate brown chair covers were from 3 Petals. The amazingly tasty cake (it had fresh peaches!) by PaperCake Designs.

No comments: