Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Things I love

Things I am loving right now:
  • Frozen grapes (yum!!)
  • Hugs from my nieces and nephews
  • Feeling my little man dance around to music inside of my belly
  • Swimming- at the pool or beach
  • Laguna Beach sunsets
  • Spending time with my incredible mom & sisters
  • My newest nephew Silas

  • Ice Cream (this is nothing new)
  • The way my husband kisses my big prego belly and then smiles
  • Getting to be a part of an incredible wedding for an amazing couple!

A few weeks ago, Sandy & Jesse were married at the Aliso Creek Inn & Golf Course. It was an incredibly beautiful day. Sandy & Jesse live in New York, so we had been working on their wedding from opposite sides of the coast for the past 6 months and it was so fun to see all of the ideas, excitement and joy come to life.

As always, I love working with Jasmine Star. Here are some of her gorgeous pictures from the day:

The beautiful Bride:

The ceremony & view:
Some detail shots of the tables:

Flowers by M's Flowers. One fun detail that we don't have a picture of yet is the Table numbers. Each table was a subway line- Sandy made round colorful numbers and letters to represent the subway signs from New York City. It was a fun way to tie the city where they met and live into their wedding decor.

Yum:

Amazing cupcakes by Sprinkles. (My favorite are the red velvet) They also had a small sweetheart cake to cut from Cinderella Cakes. We also had a few jars of their favorite candy on the cupcake table. We provided the cake stands which is fun- I love the look of varying sizes and shapes of ceramic cake stands, as opposed to a large plastic stand. Looking at these pictures makes me wish I had a Sprinkles cupcake right now!

The first dance & a view of the reception site:

We hung curtains in the walkways (so cheap but makes a big difference- Sandy bought the curtains from Ikea and we hung them with push pins and tied clusters of marbles to the bottom to hold them in place). Lighting by Art for Joyful Weddings & Events. We strung market lights and also hung a chandelier from the tree closest to the dance floor. I loved this! It made such a big impact for a very low cost (purchased from Lowes). And, Jesse & Sandy will get to keep in in their home now. Here's a closer look at the chandelier:


I love this succession of photos of their first dance:

For more photos or to see a slideshow, check out Jasmine's blog.

The staff at Aliso was wonderful! The DJ was Nahchey from Dash DJ's and he did an incredible job getting the dance floor moving. Ceremony music by Angelica Strings.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Woohoo! What an awesome post...to have my work along side your favorite things means the world to me!
xoxo...