Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Waiting...

Less than two weeks to go... I can't believe it.

We had a doctor's appointment today and I've dilated a whole 1/2 a cm over the past week, putting me at a whopping 1 1/2. I really expected some change because with the amount of pelvic pressure I have been feeling the past couple days I figured he was a little closer to joining this world :)

The actual due date is October 23rd. My doctor has said over the past two weeks that she thinks I'll be early. This is good and bad. Good because it has given me extra motivation to get things ready sooner. Bad because I'm getting a little anxious.

I just cannot fathom that I will be a mom any day. The reality is so hard to wrap my mind around. It has set in more now that I have washed his little socks and onesies. After packing bags for the hospital. After taking a prayer walk with my husband this morning and praying earnestly for this little life.

And tonight it really hit me. I was looking through pics that my sister-in-law Lindsey sent and got teary looking at my beautiful nieces & nephew. When I got to the pictures from the hospital when Silas was born, I got completely choked up. That is when it set in- our Isaiah will be here with us soon. No longer a stomach, but a sweet baby. How I long for that moment!

So many emotions: joy, anxiousness, excitement, fear, insufficiency, a new tugging on my heart for a little person I have yet to meet. What an adventure we are in for.

For now, we wait. And pray- a lot.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Courtney I am so excited for you, and I pray for you often! You are going to be an amazing mom and David is going to be an amazing father. I know Isaiah will bless your lives beyond what you have ever imagined! Love you!

Ashley said...

HEY LADY! I pray a lot for y'all too!! I don't remember if I've returned your call yet, I think I did, but I'll try again.

DrewB said...

How exciting that you are SO close! I too can't even fathom how this little "thing" inside my stomach is going to be a real, live baby soon and I have to be his mom! It's pretty overwhelming! I'm confident that you are going to be an awesome mom with a healthy baby and everything is going to be perfect. Then you can teach me how to do it all :) Good luck and keep us updated!

Cristina said...

Hey Courtney!!! Congratulations on being so close to bringing your little guy into this world :) I bet you cant wait to hold your sweet baby and kiss his soft little cheeks!!! Brian and I are pregnant too...11 weeks today! We are very excited. I think there is a trend with all the little boys being born...hmmm :) Congrats and we cant wait to see pictures when you post them!

Unknown said...

Such an exciting adventure! It's amazing how one minute this person is inside you, and then next minute, they are in your arms. It's wild. His little face, his little personality, his soul-knit together by God. What a blessing. And what a blessed little guy to have you and David for parents.

Lisa Leonard said...

going from pregnancy to mommy is CRAZY! i remember looking at the empty carseat in the back of my car thinking 'any day there will be a baby in that seat.' and it's so HUGE and exciting. But, you'll still be you after you have a baby. You'll just be you WITH a baby!