Here are some of my favorite highlights from the day:
- Victoria & Craig were married alongside Madison, Victoria's seven year old daughter. She is so cute! Madison escorted her mom down the aisle, and half through the walk, she turned and hugged her mom, and then sprinted down the rest of the aisle with a giddy smile, only to jump up and give Craig a huge hug. It was precious (& also a surprise to Craig)!
- The recurring motif of the wedding was the 3 of them. The invites, programs and other wedding stationary all featured a drawing by Madison of the 3 of them holding hands. The centerpieces featured three vases & the cake had three tiers. Victoria & Craig also included vows to Madison and gave her a beautiful necklace during the ceremony.
- One of my favorite details was the chuppah. Each guest received a piece of fabric with their invitations, along with instructions to decorate with wishes for the couple. They sent it back with their reply card and the designed fabric squares were sew together by the bride's mother to create a very personal, unique & beautiful chuppah. My only problem with it was that there was a USC square right in front. Go Bruins! (I should also note that Victoria surprised Craig with a USC garter belt!)
- The couple was very concerned with making their guests feel welcomed & appreciated. They created welcome baskets for all of the hotel rooms and provided blankets for the ceremony (which definitely came in handy- it was a bit chilly!).
- In lieu of favors, the couple made a donation for each guest to the Susan G. Komen Foundation in honor of a family member who battled breast cancer. Each guest received a breast cancer ribbon pin.