Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Melissa & Eric!

One of the realities of being a wedding planner is that sometimes I have friends that get engaged and set their wedding for a date I am already booked. This is sad for me, as I do not get to attend their weddings. In these cases though, I get my wonderful team of assistants to cover my friends' weddings, so that I know their big days will go smoothly. I get to be there in spirit through my assistants.

One of my friends from college, Melissa, got married to the wonderful Eric back in July. While I was elsewhere running around with my clipboard and walkie talkie, my incredible assistants Shannon, Alaina and Karyn helped to bring Melissa & Eric's wedding to life.

Here are some pictures from their wedding day, taken by Ingrid Joy Studio:

How gorgeous is this picture?

Melissa & Eric are so adorable. I love these:




This one is my favorite. It was right as they saw each other for the first time.
Apparently, it is brown and blue week on the blog. First Jen & Tom and now Melissa & Eric.
The ceremony was held at the sweet little Calvary Chapel of the Canyons.


The reception was held at Eric's father & stepmother's home in the canyon. They had just purchased it and put a ton of work into it to get it ready for the wedding. It turned out perfectly!

The favors were customized M&M's in these cute boxes:
Such an adorable ring shot!

The beautiful cake (my mouth is watering just looking at it!) was made by Melody of My Sweet & Saucy. She has an incredible blog full of tasty recipes and ideas. Definitely one to check out!
Here is the rest of the vendor team:
*Catering: Stonefire Grill
*Bartending & serving staff: Olson Bartending
*Video: Nathan Prince Productions
*Florist: Growers Direct
*Rentals: HAZ Rental center
*Lanterns & Lighting: South Coast Christmas Lighting (contact us for more information)
*DJ: Ryan Castillo, a friend of the couple
*Sound Equipment: Fly By Night
*Restroom Rental: Andy Gump

**A big thank you to my wonderful assistants who did such a great job with this wedding. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it**


Melissa & Eric: You are one of my most favorite couples- the love and joy between you two is infectious and so encouraging. From what I hear and what I see, your wedding was so fun and beautiful! I am sad that I was not able to be there, but I am so happy that it was an amazing day for you. I pray that God blesses your marriage greatly and I hope that I will get to see you soon!

3 comments:

Shan said...

I loved coordinating this wedding - they are both so sweet! And it was fun seeing all your friends - haha :)

Amanda Auer said...

This happened to me this summer, too... and I do the same thing! Gotta make sure the people we love are taken care of and P.S. I totally wanted to get married at the canyon Chapel!!!!!

amy-jo Tatum/bride chic said...

Really beautiful photos!